A large Russian gunner’s powder horn c 1850
A large Russian gunner’s powder horn c 1850, of sturdy construction, fitted with brass mounts and hanging rings, and with a birchwood stopper with circular top. Covered with old varnish and the remains of a label on the body. A significant number of these flasks found their way to Britain after the Crimean War.
Maximum length 15¾” (40 cms) including stopper