An English silver mounted hunting hanger
An English silver mounted hunting hanger, hallmarked for London, 1748, maker’s mark P.B. The blade is cut with a narrow fuller and a single edge with double edged tip. The silver hilt is decorated with wavy diagonal flutes. The grip is covered with sheets of cow horn, partly fluted. See H.L. Blackmore “Hunting Weapons” London 1971.
Blade length 22¼” (56.6cms) Overall length 27¾” (70.3cms)